2. Types of Personal Information That We Collect and Hold
When you set up an account with us on our website, we collect your user ID, password, name, address, and contact details.
- Purchase Data When you purchase our products we collect your name, address, contact details, payment conﬁrmation, and information on the product purchased. Card payment data is only collected by our external payment providers (please see section 6 for more information).
- Warranty Data When you make a warranty claim for products purchased from us, we collect your name, address, contact details, proof of purchase, and information in relation to the warranty claim.
- Marketing Data When you register to our newsletter or when we send you information on products and services that are similar to those purchased from us, we process your name and contact details. You can unsubscribe at any time by contacting us using the details in section 8 or clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the emails that you receive.
- General Enquiries When you contact us for general enquiries we collect your name, contact details, and information regarding your query.
3. How We Collect Your Personal Information
User Account Data
Furthermore, we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
4. How Is Processing Your Personal Data Lawful?
We are allowed to process your personal data based on the following legal bases for the purposes explained in section 3:Legitimate Interests
5. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data For?
The following categories of personal data will be kept for the following periods:User Account
6. Who Will Have Access to Your Personal Data?
We use external providers that act as our processors who provide typical services required by all organisations such as website development, data storage, email service providers, and IT hosting. These providers process your personal data as part of the services they offer to us. We take steps to ensure that our service providers process your data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws, only use it in accordance with our contract with them, and keep it secure. If you would like more information about our processors, please contact us using the details in section 8.
We also use external providers that act as separate controllers of your personal data. In order to complete your purchases of our products and services, we share your Purchase Data with the payment service provider you choose to complete your purchase with. For our digital marketing purposes, we share your Purchase Data and User Account Data with social media platforms. Please refer to their respective privacy policies for more information on how they process your personal data.
Your personal data is transferred outside of the UK and the EEA in order for our affiliate which is located in Australia, to perform software development, marketing, and product development activities. Any transfer of your data outside the UK and the EEA will be carried out in accordance with the law to safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a security breach or to any other similar approved mechanisms.
We strive to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures in order to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access, and any other unlawful forms of processing. We aim to ensure that the level of security and the measures adopted to protect your personal data are appropriate for the risks presented by the nature and use of your personal data. We follow recognised industry practices for protecting our IT environment and physical facilities.
7. Your Rights
As a data subject, you have the following legal rights under the Data Protection Laws in relation to your personal data. You can exercise these rights free of charge by contacting us (please see section 8). We will respond to any rights that you exercise within a month of receiving the request unless the request is particularly complex, in which case we will respond within three months.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Please be aware that there are exceptions and exemptions that apply to some of these rights, which we will apply in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
You are entitled to have your information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
You can ask us to stop contacting you for direct marketing purposes.
These rights are not applicable as we do not carry out any automated decision making.
- If you had given us consent to process your data, you withdraw that consent and we cannot otherwise legally process your data;
- You object to our processing and we do not have any legitimate interests that mean we can continue to process your data; or
- Your data has been processed unlawfully or has not been erased when it should have been.
- You do not think your data is accurate. We will start processing again once we have checked whether or not the data is accurate;
- The processing is unlawful but you do not want to erase your data;
- We no longer need the personal data for our processing, but you need the data to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims; or
- You have objected to the processing because you believe that your interests should override [the companies] legitimate interests.
You have rights in certain circumstances to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
You have the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing based on our legitimate interests and processing for direct marketing.
If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (for example, by clicking ‘Unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the email newsletter).
You may be entitled to compensation for damage caused by contravention of the Data Protection Laws.
8. How to Contact Us
ABI Interiors International Limited
369 5909 37